Monday, August 31, 2009

Photo of the Day 08-31-09: Ponce Inlet Beach Patrol in HDR


Ponce Inlet Beach Patrol HDR
Originally uploaded by Emanon Photography

I was checking out some locations for photo shoots today and decided to play with getting some HDR exposures. This is the composite of 5 exposures, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 EV. Shot them in Av at f.13 with a 70-300mm Tamron at 70mm, on a tripod mounted Canon 40D.

This is the first HDR photo I have really tried, and I first tried using photoshop CS4 and the automated action to convert it to HDR, but that had less then stellar results. so I downloaded the trial version of HDR Photomatix for Aperture 2. and, I could instantly see why everyone who shoots HDR images seems to swear by the photomatix software.

I think the printed photo looks even better, like an old time postcard. Looks like I'll have to invest in the photomatix software to get a license to get the watermarks removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment